Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Judy C Mccarver has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Judy C Mccarver has the following 13 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Judy C Mccarver has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
I made an appointment to see Dr. McCarver. I was told it'd be 5 weeks to get in to see her. I made an appointment and got two emails confirming it. After waiting 3 weeks I got a call from her office saying I'd have to be rescheduled. I called them and told them my appointment date. The receptionist asked if I was Laura or Lisa? No. I gave her my name and she said I'd been dropped. Why?! I was transfered to another receptionist who said that I had to reschedule due to Dr. McCarver's health problems. She's not too sick to see 2 other patients that day the other office girl told me about. I was told to send in my paperwork and then I could reschedule. I've been counting the days until my appointment and going day by day knowing I'd see her. I wouldn't ever go here. The front office is completely incompetent and dishonest too.
I made an apt. W. Dr. Carver three weeks ago. I've been suffering with deep deppression. I was told I'd have to wait 5 weeks to get an apt. with her. I've been counting the days until I see her. Two weeks before my appt. I was called and told I had to reschedule. I called the office and told them my appt. date. She asked if I was Lisa or Laura. No. I told her my name again and she told me I'd been dropped. I was connected to another person who said I should send in my paperwork and they could reschedule me. Why? I have 2 emails confirming my appt. She said the doctor had health issues. A lie. Not sick enough to see the two other patients she's seeing that day. It's not like I'm going to get my teeth cleaned. They are dealing with patients in emotional pain. I would never go to this office. The front office is horribly mismanaged. I waited 3 weeks after making my appt. to find out I was dropped for no reason.
Dr. Judy C Mccarver accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsPacific Coast Psychiatric Assocs, 490 Post St Ste 1043, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Judy C Mccarver is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.