Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Judy P Rawls has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 61
Want to give a nice review, but after 6 years, I give up. Objective evidence is usually best, so here goes some, along with subjective point of view. Staff turnover is high. Seems to be 10-15 staff, but have only seen two staff members 3x or more, and the rest once. Staff does not smile! Chilly environment, with somber, tense, serious, not particularly friendly staff. Prescriptions have taken 5 days to be called in, despite THEIR commitment for same day call. When I've called back after 5 days, i was reprimanded. Then, I explained nicely I had been in the office lassst week. How long should it take? No nurse voice mail available (at this time). Late in the year, at checkout, informed staff all copays were at 100%, and it felt like an argument would ensue. Dr. Rawls seems testy, curt, possibly uncaring and in a hurry, tho I saw 1 other patient in the office waiting room. I really wanted to like this doctor, but I've come home telling myself it'll be better next time wayyy too many times in 6 years. Ya' know what? Truth is, this office is unhappy, with obviously unhealthy attitudes and patients need to be treated as if they're cared about. Try somewhere else, first.
I saw her for about a year. The firstt visit was ok. After that downhill. I told her over and over again a problem I was having...She ignored it. Finally low I transferred my records to my previous dr. I found out that all of the thyroid test I had at her clinic showed a low thyroid level. My dr showed them to me. So it appears that was a factor in my fatigue. She never changed my medication. She sent me to an orthopedist for neuropathy which was a waste of time and money. When I returned for a visit after that she had no report from that office re neuropathy and she had not bothered to get one. The Lab Tech there was rude and hateful to me when I asked her what kind of test was going to be done. Her PA was 45 minutes late getting to me and when she arrived didn't know why I was there. When you checked out of the clinic the receptionist was busy with a baby in her lap but finally checked me out. If you have a cold or a scrape but nothing that requires more than that . I do not recommend this dr or anyone on staff.
Dr. Rawls is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Carraway Methodist Medical Center
Dr. Judy P Rawls accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Practice Of Madison, 8216 Madison Blvd, Madison, AL
Dr. Judy P Rawls is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, AL.