Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julie A Thomas has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Julie A Thomas has the following 13 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Adolescent Medicine
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Pap Smear
Dr. Julie A Thomas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Gave me an episiotomy without consent, and for no reason. Found out later doing that was illegal. Baby was not in distress, and I had only been in hard labor for about 20 min. Had no epidural. Not numbed when stitched up. Still have pain at the episiotomy site years later. Tried to talk me into an elective cesarean for no other reason than "convenience". Bedside manner at birth was less than agreeable.
AVOID! Terrible administration - takes days or weeks to get prescriptions. The doctors belittle they patients. The main doctor, Julie Thomas, takes two to three months to see her - you get stuck seeing other PA or junior doctors that lack knowledge, common sense and understanding. I'm writing this as I've been on hold for over ten minutes trying to get a renewal prescription redone.
If you have high rish pregnacy please look for a different provider Dr. Thomas nor Baylor Hospital are capable of caring for you. They show no concern you are just another check. She can not even simply fill out FML paperwork for your employer correctly. Which you have to pay for as well.
Dr. Thomas has been a blessing to me and my husband. I credit Dr. Thomas and her office staff for saving my soon to be born little baby. They caught a potential fatal problem early on and I am now on my way to holding my precious baby boy. We never feel rushed thru our appointments and she is extremely thorough. There are times that you will wait for quite a bit, but I have never seemed to mind. It just makes me know that she doesn't rush thru her patients. Her partner Dr. Franken is also wonderful. This practice is highly recommended!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
26 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1992
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Julie A Thomas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Julie A Thomas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lewisville, TX.