Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Julie A Thomas MD
Dr. Julie A Thomas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Carrollton, TX, with another office in Lewisville, TX. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Thomas is affiliated with Baylorscott & White Medical Center Carrollton. He speaks English.
Dr. Julie A Thomas has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Julie A Thomas has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Julie A Thomas has the following 13 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Adolescent Medicine
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Pap Smear
Dr. Julie A Thomas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julie A Thomas - Posted on May 3rd, 2016
Gave me an episiotomy without consent, and for no reason. Found out later doing that was illegal. Baby was not in distress, and I had only been in hard labor for about 20 min. Had no epidural. Not numbed when stitched up. Still have pain at the episiotomy site years later. Tried to talk me into an elective cesarean for no other reason than "convenience". Bedside manner at birth was less than agreeable.
FIND SOMEONE ELSE! Stay away.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julie A Thomas - Posted on April 15th, 2016
AVOID! Terrible administration - takes days or weeks to get prescriptions. The doctors belittle they patients. The main doctor, Julie Thomas, takes two to three months to see her - you get stuck seeing other PA or junior doctors that lack knowledge, common sense and understanding. I'm writing this as I've been on hold for over ten minutes trying to get a renewal prescription redone.
Awful Awful No Compassion!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julie A Thomas - Posted on February 8th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julie A Thomas - Posted on April 13th, 2013
Worth the wait!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Julie A Thomas - Posted on September 16th, 2008
Dr. Thomas has been a blessing to me and my husband. I credit Dr. Thomas and her office staff for saving my soon to be born little baby. They caught a potential fatal problem early on and I am now on my way to holding my precious baby boy. We never feel rushed thru our appointments and she is extremely thorough. There are times that you will wait for quite a bit, but I have never seemed to mind. It just makes me know that she doesn't rush thru her patients. Her partner Dr. Franken is also wonderful. This practice is highly recommended!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Thomas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1992
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Julie A Thomas Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
Locations & Directions
Dr. Julie A Thomas is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Carrollton, TX.