Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julie A Archer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 36
My husband and I both absolutely love Dr. Julie Archer. She provides superior patient care and her medical knowledge and care is amazing. She is one of the best physicians we have ever know. Would not want any other primary care physician. We trust her with our lives and her treatment. She has saved my husband several times by her research and treatment when other doctors could not find a cause. I give her a 30 in a scale of 1 to 10. She is the absolute best of the best. Chico was blessed when she moved here.
I've been a patient of Dr Archer's now since perhaps her second year in Chico. I'm getting older but so is she and my hope she stays in practice until at least one day after I die. the doesn't get everything right: she's had some problems with the front office and she's obviously facing some frustrations as she tries to cope with the new world of bureaucratized medicine. But on balance, she's a treasure--one of the things that makes life in Chico so pleasant.
Very unprofessional Front office staff, they show a complete lack of care and empathy. The handling of insurance claims prescriptions have been mishandled so badly so many times that if the doctors and nurses are unaware I'm afraid to think what they have missed medically. Everyone from top to bottom in this office is not in this profession to take care of this community.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2008, 2013, 2010, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015, 2013, 2014, 2012, 2016)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2013, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014, 2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Dr. Archer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Medical College Of Ohio Hospital
Dr. Julie A Archer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsSchooling And Archer Mds, 1645 Esplanade Ste 1, Chico, CA
Dr. Julie A Archer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chico, CA.