Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julie B Finn has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 12
I have waited a long time to write a review about this doctor. She was my PCP 14 years ago when she was with another group in Illinois. I was getting sick all the time - strep throat, sinus infections, upper respiratory infections, ear infections, bronchitis, etc. - at least once a month it seemed. I was relatively young and healthy looking at that time and Dr. Finn was aggravated every time I went to see her, yet again, for another infection. During one visit while I was waiting in the exam room, I heard her on the other side of the door pick up my file and say very loudly - what now??!! She made me feel embarrassed to be there. After at least a couple of years of this, she finally did some blood work. She called me two days later with a very different tone of voice and told me I needed to see a Hemotologist Oncologist. Turns out, I had leukemia. I had a very treatable leukemia and was supposed to stay in remission for the rest of my life after treatment. Well, that didn't happen because my leukemia was too far advanced. Here it is, 14 years later and 5 episodes of chemo, I now have two forms of leukemia and will never be in full remission again. All of this, because Dr. Finn didn't pay attention to a patient's actual symptoms.
I've been going to Dr. Finn for at least 10 years. While I'm not crazy about the practice group and the crazy busy office, I like her a lot. She's very thorough, takes my questions/complaints seriously and always takes a few minutes to chat and catch up on life. I was annoyed that she refused to give me a prescription for sleeping pills when requested (for very occasional use) however, overall, she is knowledgeable and quite efficient. Two thumbs up.
After some time, I believe that Julie began to feel a little too comfortable with me and forgot her role as a professional. She is very disrespectful when she makes some unsolicited quip concerning a patient's timing with follow up. She doesn't seem to realize that we have lives outside of the doctor's office. Also, she can be very inconsiderate of a patient's time. I have waited in the waiting room for over 45 minutes or in the exam room for the same amount of time (I am early for my appointments and I track the time after my scheduled time has passed.) It seems that the office is overloaded and if it wasn't for the nursing and support staff, it would probably close. The gals in billing and scheduling are the exemption to the praise given to the support staff, them seem to have typical sourpuss attitudes and it has been brought to their attention to no relief. If I were looking for a new PCP I would recommend avoiding Millennium Medical group as a whole, especially Dr. Julie Finn, until a few more positive reports are made.
33 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Sinai Grace Hospital
Dr. Julie B Finn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMillennium Medical Group, 32255 Northwestern Hwy Ste 130, Farmington Hills, MI
Dr. Julie B Finn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Farmington Hills, MI.