Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Julio Jorge has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Julio Jorge has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Julio Jorge has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
PROS: -- Very easy to make an appointment. They will accommodate an appointment on the same day if you're sick -- Courteous staff. They're not overly friendly, but they're very polite, helpful, and professional. They always return calls to see how you're doing after the exam and with lab results. A+ here! (And the main reason I still see the dr. here) -- The nurse is the best at drawing blood. I never feel the needle and she always gets it in 1 try. Priceless! CONS: (the doctor) -- Doctor's bedside manner: very dry and seems disinterested. I feel like he doesn't take most of my complaints seriously. -- I don't always trust his judgement. Mostly because he downplays everything and contradicts things that other doctors have told me. At least he has always given me referrals or further testing when I say I'm still concerned, and I eventually find my answers. (Slightly makes up for it) -- He is the only person in the world who has told me that strep throat is not that contagious. Said I probably didn't have it.... even though 2 other people at my job were diagnosed before me. He still put me on antibiotics (just in case). The culture came back that I DID have strep. Not a big deal, but just weird. Overall, decent. I will be looking for another primary care doctor, but I don't mind seeing him if I have a cold/flu or other simple urgency. At least it's easy to make an appointment.
Dr. Jorge is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Barnabas Hospital
Dr. Julio Jorge accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJulio Jorge Md, 9560 SW 107th Ave Ste 104A, Miami, FL
Dr. Julio Jorge is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.