More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Julissa Baez
Dr. Julissa Baez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Baez is affiliated with Jacobi Medical Center, Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases and NYU Langone Medical Center. Dr. Baez has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Julissa Baez has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Julissa Baez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr Baez is the best. She is great with kids, very friendly and a good listener. Her exams are always very thorough. I am so glad I found her, after many disappointing experiences with other pediatricians...Rebecca at the front desk is also very friendly and professional. When it comes to your children, it is very important because it is very reassuring to feel welcomed (on the phone and in person). I rarely feel this way when calling medical offices...The office is very clean and welcoming. I never waited more than 5 minutes when visiting.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Baez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jacobi Medical Center
Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
NYU Langone Medical Center
Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
Bronx Lebanon Hospital
NYU Medical Center, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
13 Years Experience
Universidad Central Del Caribe
Graduated in 2000
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions232 E 12th St, New York, NY
Dr. Julissa Baez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.