Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jyothi N Mattam has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Jyothi N Mattam has the following 12 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Jyothi N Mattam is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
This was my mother's first visit to Dr Mattam. My mother who suffers from depression and anxiety disorder, as well as mobility problems, was told multiple times to leave her service dog in the car. At the end of her session the dr told her to bring a 'smaller dog' next time. The dr also insinuated that my mother's severe childhood trauma wasn't valid. The dr asked her what she was feeling. When she answered, 'I'm wondering if you can help me' she said, 'I asked you a question. Answer it.'
Dr. Mattam never returned any of my calls when I had concerns regarding serious side effects from medication. I informed the receptionist that I was experiencing dizziness, blurred vision, weakness, I fainted while getting dressed for work one morning and then had severe edema in both legs ad feet. Dr. Mattam, again, never returned my call. The pharmacist strongly suggested that I stop due to what appeared to be Lithium toxicity. I do not believe that I have Bipolar Depression, honestly. Many physicians are quick to diagnose their patients with this and are wrong in doing so.
Dr. Mattam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Jyothi N Mattam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Atlanta Psychiatry, 3582 Old Milton Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA
Dr. Jyothi N Mattam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alpharetta, GA.