More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jyotin K Patel has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Jyotin K Patel has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Jyotin K Patel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I was his patient for about 2 years until I went to see him for a minor condition I had. I told him my husband and I were trying to get pregnant and he gave me medication that was harmful for pregnant woman (glad I did my own research)! Then once I was 6 months pregnant, I went back and he tried to give me more of the same medication. I told him that I was pregnant (it was VERY obvious- all belly and I weighed 20 lbs. more), and he said, "Oh, you are?" Needless to say, I lost all confidence at that moment and haven't been back since.
My family has all been with Dr. Patel since 2008. He is very knowledgeable. He will take the time with you that you ask for. If he has any question of doubt, he will refer you to a specialist. He is a dedicated Dr. He is not only a General Physician, but a Pediatrician. He is patient, kind and gentle. His staff is friendly and thorough. I believe his wife is also on their team. His hours are very flexible (some extended).
42 Years Experience
Graduated in 1976
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Dr. Jyotin K Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsFamily Medical Center, 30271 Golden Lantern Ste C, Laguna Niguel, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Jyotin K Patel in this video.
Dr. Jyotin K Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Laguna Niguel, CA.