Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 7
My review is mainly regarding the nurses at this location. I did not have much to interact with a doctor. Both nurses are very unfriendly and unprofessional. They try to 'sell you' treatment without giving you much explanation why you would need it. One nurse was giving me a vaccination - he had no gloves on and after he removed the cover from the needle, he started touching my skin and getting ready to stab me - that's when I said: "Where are your gloves, and aren't you going to disinfect my skin before injecting me?" Then he immediately nodded his head and grabbed alcohol wipe to wipe the area of my hand. Then, not sure if he was stressed, but the way he injected me hurt a lot! I would never go back to this doctor. If you go there, make sure you observe them and ask them questions if you are not sure what they are doing to you.
Dr. Gupta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Christian Medical College Vellore
Graduated in 1980
Dc General Hospital
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Locations & DirectionsMedical Associates Northern Va, 611 S Carlin Springs Rd Ste 504, Arlington, VA
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, VA.