Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Karleen Swarztrauber has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Karleen Swarztrauber has the following 10 expertise
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorders
Dr. Karleen Swarztrauber has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 46
First of all, I feel vindicated by some of the other reviews. Dr. S yells(yes really raises her voice), shrieks and is indignant when you question her on anything. I think she needs to see a mental health professional and that is just being honest, not trying to be mean. Oh yes, to say she is "not truthful" is being nice. Here are some of the highlights : her office called me with someone else's test results. She came into the exam room thinking I was someone else -- and this was all after I had seen her 3 times for neck injection - day surgery procedures, so we had a history with each other. She called my primary care Dr. and told him she thought I was a drug seeker because she didn't read her chart where I told her I was taking vicodin for a neck injury. She said I "lied" to her about taking vicodin. I pointed right to my paperwork where I wrote it out as the generic name - hydrocodone- and that is where she lost it "well that doesn't say Vicodin, you didn't say Vicodin" And how ironic is this. We just moved into a new neighborhood in Hillsdale a year ago. Guess who is our neighbor? Yep. Dr. S lives right behind us. As a side note, she was ALWAYS, always at least an hour late for every appointment.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Karleen Swarztrauber accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & DirectionsSkyline Hospital, 211 NE Skyline Dr, White Salmon, WA
Dr. Karleen Swarztrauber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near White Salmon, WA.