Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kai Zu has the following 4 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kai Zu has the following 11 expertise
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Kai Zu has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kai Zu is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Zu has been treating my cancer for over five years. He is very professional , and his bedside manners are excellent. He is very knowledgeable and has very sound judgment. He is genuinely caring and very compassionate. He patiently answers all my questions and addresses all my concerns. I am very lucky to have him as my Oncologist. I always feel I am in the best hands. He is truly the best Oncologist.
My overall experience with Dr. Zu is that he doesn't listen to his patients when they share what they are experiencing during treatment. He has already decided how you will respond to treatment therefore if you tell him anything different he ignores you. He seems to be driven by a super ego. Even when it becomes obvious to the patient and everyone else involved in the patients care that treatment is not working or is causing adverse side effects that will cause irreversible damage he is unwilling to listen to the patient and consider reevaluating the proccess. Even when it becomes painfully obvious that something was not right he showed an unwillingness to acknowledge or accept responsibility. I felt as if his need to be infallable was greater than my overall well being. Whether that was the case really is irrelevent. I should never have felt that way in the first place. His bedside manner is completely lacking.
Made me feel that I was wasting his time. Refused to ask his staff to bring in the rest of my records that I brought in from my previous doctor. Acted like I was crazy and wanted him to tell me that something was wrong with me. Would never recommend him. Left several messages for an appointment and until a friend that goes to him called; only then did I get an appointment.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
28 Years Experience
Shanghai School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Kai Zu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSharp Grossmont Hospital, 5555 Grossmont Center Dr, La Mesa, CA
Dr. Kai Zu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Mesa, CA.