Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kallahalli Viswanatha
Dr. Kallahalli Viswanatha, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in East Orange, NJ. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Viswanatha is affiliated with East Orange Campus of the VA New Jersey Health Care System, Veterans Affairs New Jersey Health Care System and Va New Jersey Health System, East Orange Campus, East Orange. He speaks English.
Dr. Kallahalli Viswanatha has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Viswanatha is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
East Orange Campus of the VA New Jersey Health Care System
Veterans Affairs New Jersey Health Care System
Va New Jersey Health System, East Orange Campus, East Orange
37 Years Experience
Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1980
Catholic Medical Center Of Brooklyn & Queens
Dr. Kallahalli Viswanatha accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVA NEW JERSEY HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS, 385 Tremont Ave, East Orange, NJ
Dr. Kallahalli Viswanatha is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Orange, NJ.