Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kalust Ucar
Dr. Kalust Ucar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glendale, CA. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ucar is affiliated with Greater El Monte Community Hospital, Huntington Hospital and Promise Hospital of East Los Angeles, LP. He speaks English.
Dr. Kalust Ucar has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kalust Ucar has the following 16 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Dr. Kalust Ucar has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 18
I worked for Dr Ucar years a go. And he was always a breath of fresh air when he would come into the office. He was friendly to all the staff and patient's. My mother has cancer so I brought her to see him for a second opinion, and he was just lovely with her. Although she has stage 4, he was encouraging and gave her hope. I would recommend him highly. He is well versed on all the new research, his staff was helpful, and I love my mom and trusted him with her.
Dr.Ucar needs to hire a better staff to deal with his patients or Dr. Wang's patients. The staff here are mostly rude and not compassionate at all or he would loose all of his patients. How can Pacific Shore continue to have these type of staff???
Hello. I read the review criticizing Dr. Ucar's staff. I want to write this review because I agree 100 percent with the reviewer. I am a former patient of Dr. Ucar's and although he is a good doctor, his staff is very rude and mean, they will not make a patient feel comfortable at all, they get angry if you ask questions, and patients are not allowed to have a relative or friend keep them company during chemotherapy sessions. The worst of his staff is a crazy blonde P.A. who thinks she is god and you must obey her rules. Message to Dr. Ucar: you need to replace your staff with kind, compassionate people, because your staff makes YOU look bad, Doctor, and you will end up losing patients.
Dr. Ucar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Kalust Ucar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPacific Shores Medical Group, 222 W Eulalia St Ste 100B, Glendale, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kalust Ucar in this video.
Dr. Kalust Ucar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, CA.