Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kara L Jefferies
Dr. Kara L Jefferies, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fairfax, VA. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Jefferies is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital and Inova Fair Oaks Hospital. Dr. Jefferies has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Kara L Jefferies has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Kara L Jefferies has the following 13 expertise
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Kara L Jefferies has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kara L Jefferies is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
review written in 2014 Been going to Dr Jefferies at the Chantilly VA location for 6 yrs. Initially went due to some ovarian cysts and endometriosis issues which came up at the family Dr. Decided to keep going to her for annual Well Woman checks ever since. She recommended surgery for my cysts and her office staff was very helpful in working with me to book the surgery and coordinate insurance, after the surgery was completed she explained the findings to my husband while I was in recovery. A nurse from her office staff called the day after surgery to ask about how I was doing . Over the last 6 yrs since I find she listens to my concerns and is willing to try options if I've read about something or to provide an opinion if she doesn;t think its a viable option. Her office is busy and can get off schedule since she is an OB and babies dont; wait for anyone! I like to book first appt of the day or first after their lunch break and they're always on time.
I can only guess she found something disgusting about me. She wouldn't touch me. She told me I really didn't need a pap smear every year. When I asked her about health concerns I had, she told me that wasn't her specialty and to ask someone else. I wasn't asking her about a tooth ache! After she dismissed me, I tried to speak with her after I dressed. She stood at the billing station chatting with a drug rep and pointedly turned her back on me and walked away.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Jefferies is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Kara L Jefferies accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCapital Womens Care, 10521 Rosehaven St Ste LL100, Fairfax, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kara L Jefferies in this video.
Dr. Kara L Jefferies is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.