Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karel A Dicke
Dr. Karel A Dicke, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington, TX. He has 54 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Dicke is affiliated with Texas Health Arlington Memorial. Dr. Dicke has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Karel A Dicke has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Hodgkin Disease
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Testis Cancer (Testicular Neoplasm)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Breast Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Chronic BCR-ABL Positive Myelogenous Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Immunologic Deficiency Syndromes
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Precursor Cell Lymphoblastic Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Lung Cancer (Small Cell Carcinoma)
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Dicke treated my husband who was 26 at that time. He was extremely on top of his game and although my husband was diagnosed with Large B-cell Diffuse Hystiocytic Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and it was an extremely hard case, he went over and beyond for my husband and family. He is very compassionate, driven to find a cure for cancer and thinks a lot different than other oncologists. One of the best Doctors I've ever known.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2013, 2012, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2012, 2013, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Dicke is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
54 Years Experience
University Of Groningen
Graduated in 1964
Dr. Karel A Dicke accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArlington Cancer Center, 906 W Randol Mill Rd, Arlington, TX
Dr. Karel A Dicke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, TX.