Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen M Ackley
Dr. Karen M Ackley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Karen M Ackley has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Karen M Ackley has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Karen M Ackley is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 11
Fantastic bedside manner
Self-verified patient of Dr. Karen M Ackley - Posted on August 7th, 2015
Dr. Ackley was so sweet and positive with my 13 year old daughter. She made her feel so at ease. We could not have asked for a better experience for a nervous 13 yer old.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Karen M Ackley - Posted on June 15th, 2015
Horrible office staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Karen M Ackley - Posted on April 15th, 2014
If you love interacting with bad receptionists, no follow ups after being hospitalized, always being pushed to take appointments with the nurse practitioner and not an actual doctor, also it's a warning sign when 2 doctors have left this practice within 2 years time, then this place is for you.
16 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Karen M Ackley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Karen M Ackley
Dr. Alyssa Zwarych is originally from Sacramento, CA. She obtained her Bachelor of Science degree with honors in Molecular Biology and Microbiology at the University of Central Florida. She moved to historic Charleston where she received her MD degree at the Medical University of South Carolina. From there, she completed her residency training in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at the University of South Florida. After finishing residency, she was appointed Chief Resident of both Pediatric and combined Medicine-Pediatric residency programs. She specializes in personalized care for patients of all ages. She is actively involved in the Tampa community and is a member of American Academy of Pediatrics, American Board of Internal Medicine, and the American Medical Association.
Locations & DirectionsINTERNAL MEDICINE AND PEDIATRICS OF TAMPA BAY, 10111 Wilsky Blvd, Tampa, FL
Dr. Karen M Ackley is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Tampa, FL.