Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen S Cabell has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Karen S Cabell has the following 10 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
- Diabetes Complications
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 5
I was referred to Dr Karen Cabell (pronounced CABell)by a friends recommendation. I have had her as my primary physician for about the last 5 years. She is wonderful! When I used to go to other docs for PAP/pelvic exams, it was always painful but with Dr Cabell, it is quick & painless. She is kind, caring, & very easy to talk to & I never feel like she's rushing to get to the next patient. She makes sure all my questions are answered in a way any normal person can understand - doesn't use that "physician terminology"! The LONGEST I think I've ever had to wait in her waiting room is like 10-15 min. Her staff is great too - very friendly! It IS somewhat difficult to get in to see her though, because she IS so popular but I won't go to anyone else...unless it was an emergency, of course!
Dr. Cabell is an efficient, highly qualified physician. She is also a kind, compassionate listener who uses the patients comments to help her diagnose.Although it is difficult to get an appointment with her due to her popularity, it is well worth the time. If you truly wish to get into see Dr. Cabell, you will probably need a referral from another physician.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
18 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Karen S Cabell accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Cross ID PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen S Cabell in this video.
Dr. Karen S Cabell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coeur D Alene, ID.