Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen S Guadagnini
Dr. Karen S Guadagnini, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Worcester, MA, with another office in Bristol, CT. She has 32 years of experience. Her specialties include Addiction Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Guadagnini is affiliated with Bristol Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen S Guadagnini has the following 2 specialties
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I have been a patient for somewhere around 14 years. I won't speak to the office staff as they have changed. The doctor has been exceptional in her care for me. When I hurt my neck, she fought with the insurance company to get the MRI I needed, and then referred me to an extremely competent neurosurgeon. She diagnosed me as diabetic, when I wasn't even having any symptoms yet. She is kind and caring and I can trust her. When I go for an office visit, her attention is solely on me. She is not trying to resolve other issues, or thinking about something else. At times she may type and talk, but during a discussion, she stops and looks at me, listens to me, reiterates my concerns to make sure she understands. Dr. Guadagnini is an exceptional doctor and I highly recommend her.
I am writing this because I have read some of the reviews left here and would like to give my point of view. Dr G, as I call her, has been my doctor for many years. I can't say enough on her abilities as a doctor. She is very highly regarded in the medical community! And with good reason. I would wait whatever amount of time necessary to see her. You see, she gives me her complete attention at appts as I'm sure she does to all of her patients. (Hence the wait time) She has successfully tended to all of my issues which I can not say of any of my previous doctors. She makes sure I know that I am important and that none of my questions or concerns about my health are foolish. The entire staff at her office is phenomenal. If I could give them 10 stars, I'd give them 12!! Love this doctor! I recommend her to everyone!
Dr. Guadagnini is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1986
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Karen S Guadagnini accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen S Guadagnini in this video.
Dr. Karen S Guadagnini is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Worcester, MA.