Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen L Hoermann
Dr. Karen L Hoermann, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Hoermann is affiliated with Womans Hospital Texas, CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. Dr. Hoermann has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen L Hoermann has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Karen L Hoermann has the following 8 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 12
I was a patient of Dr. Hoermann's for 9 years until she moved to the MDVIP model. Pros: Nice person, very thorough printed summary of test results, not too quick to overprescribe, spent a good amount of time with meCons: Her secretary (Olga) doesn't respond to voice mails to schedule physicals so don't bother leaving a message; Dr. Hoermann doesn't always remember to perform all the tests she's planning on doing during a physical (like cholesterol), so be proactive and ask questions; wait times can be long. I also disliked that when she moved to MDVIP she referred all of her female patients to the same two female doctors, regardless of medical history. She could have put more thought into making her transition a positive one for her patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Hoermann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Karen L Hoermann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedical Clinic of Houston LLP, 1701 Sunset Blvd, Houston, TX
Dr. Karen L Hoermann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.