Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen E Updike has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Breast Exam
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 55
Dr.Updike is an excellent doctor on my experience. I was referred to her by two coworkers. I work in the medical field and I have been satisfied with her service. She takes the time to explains things in detail, does not assume that you know. very careful on diagnosis. calls back when there is something you might worry about and also to let you know everything is ok. She is taking care of me with my first pregnancy. I will totally recommend her.
I MET DR. UPDIKE IN 2011 WHEN I WAS SUFFERING FROM SEVERE PELVIC PAIN. SHE WAS A MIRACLE IN MY LIFE. SHE OPERATED ON ME FROM ENDOMETRIOSIS AND A YEAR AFTER MY SURGERY I WAS ABLE TO CONCEIVE MY BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY FABIO. SHE HAS BEEN MY DOCTOR SINCE 2011 AND I WOULD NEVER CHANGE HER, SHE CARES FOR HER PATIENTS, RETURNS PHONE CALLS THE SAME DAY AND TAKES HER TIME TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING A A WAY THAT THE PATIENT UNDERSTANDS.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
16 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Karen E Updike accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsWomens Personal Physicians Llc, 8950 N Kendall Dr Ste 302, Miami, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen E Updike in this video.
Dr. Karen E Updike is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.