Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Karen Van Hoesen
Karen Van Hoesen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA, with other offices in San Diego, CA and La Jolla, CA . She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Emergency Medicine and Preventive Medicine. Karen Van Hoesen is affiliated with UC San Diego Medical Center, UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla and UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest.
Karen Van Hoesen has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
Karen Van Hoesen has the following 3 expertise
Karen Van Hoesen has 2 board certified specialties
Karen Van Hoesen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
There are no reviews for Karen Van Hoesen yet. Be the first to review this doctor!
Van Hoesen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest
Children's Hospital - San Diego
UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest
UC San Diego Thornton Hospital in La Jolla
Promise Hospital San Diego
UC San Diego Health System
28 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Ucsd Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Karen Van Hoesen, MD - Emergency Medicine in San Diego, CA, in this video.
Karen Van Hoesen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.