Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karina J Urquia has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Karina J Urquia has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Karina J Urquia has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Karina J Urquia is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr Urquia takes time with you however if you are sick and need to see her I was told I could see her in 2 weeks. I get the impression Dr Urquia does not receive messages. I called with a migraine and was told Dr Urquia would call me back or call a prescription in, neither happened. If I am sick and need help the same day I had to go to a clinic While Dr Urquia is nice and she is thorough the office staff is rude and frequently does not answer the phone. I also have trouble getting my prescriptions refilled. The pharmacy states they do not receive the request and after a few phone calls I finally get my refills called in.
My grandmother needed a prescription refilled, a simple thing. The office staff did not answer the phone and the answering machine greeting left no option for leaving a message. Drove to the office only to find out that it was closed, though there was no notice posted on the door. The answering machine greeting had indicated that they were open. Other patients also arrived only to find the office closed. Horrible and unprofessional for a doctor to be unavailable and not let her patients know.
Dr. Urquia is the type of Doctor who takes time to listen to what you and your family is saying. Excellent bedside manners, her staff is courteous and professional. The office in which she practices is immaculant. Wait time is moderate but remember she is taking T-I-M-E with her patients. Diagnosis right on the money.
22 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
Graduated in 1996
North Central Texas Medical Foundation
Dr. Karina J Urquia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAngelina Family Medicine, 121 Gaslight Medical Pkwy Ste 101, Lufkin, TX
Dr. Karina J Urquia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lufkin, TX.