Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karine Gabrielian
Dr. Karine Gabrielian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glendale, CA. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Gabrielian is affiliated with California Hospital Medical Center and Methodist Hospital Southern Ca. Dr. Gabrielian has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Karine Gabrielian has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Vision Issues
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Exam
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Pain
- Lasik Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Our appoiment was at 11:30 am on a saturdayWe spent 4 hours !!!! the rest of the patients were complaining too.They were children tired and hungry...We spent only about 5 minutes w/ the doc.Please do not overbook !!!!Not fair for your patients.I'm considering in changing insurance so I can go to another doc.
Horrible experience. I do not recommend their office to anyone. I asked to be billed, they refused to see me unless i had insurance card which i had insurance, but updated card was not with me. Only day i could see them, and they refused to see me. I am a doctor myself, this is not how medicine should be practiced. I have no clue where they got their medical education and how they run their mickey mouse clinic.
First off, everyone in the office speaks Armenian. To each other, to the patients, when they talk about you, etc. The only time I heard English was when I was directly addressed. This leaves a nonarmenian speaker feeling very uneasy. Secondly, the Dr. did not take my concerns seriously, told me to take eye drops and that her office would contact me for further testing. They never did. And I still cannot see while driving at night and have trouble keeping my eyes open. Very Bad DR in my opinion.
Dr. Gabrielian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Karine Gabrielian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSpecialty Eye Care Medical Center, 409 N Central Ave, Glendale, CA
Dr. Karine Gabrielian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, CA.