Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karishma A Anik
Dr. Karishma A Anik, DO is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Karishma A Anik has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Karishma A Anik has the following 13 expertise
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Osteopathic Manipulation
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
Showing 3 of 6
I have been seeing Dr. Anik during my pregnancy with the knowledge that I would probably transfer to a midwife who delivers in NJ since that is where I live. The care has been good, but it being my first pregnancy, I would have appreciated a warmer bedside matter and more information about what I should be doing during my pregnancy beyond telling me what the next test is. Right before taking the steps to transfer to my midwife, I failed the 1 hour glucose test (barely), and had to take the 3 hour glucose test. I got a phone call the next day from Dr. Anik telling me I had also failed the 3 hour test. I was in shock--my diet and exercise routing is pretty good, and this diagnosis did not make sense. I was referred to a nutritionist and a different doctor to go over my eating habits and to give me the device to check my blook sugar after every meal. I asked the nutritionist to give me the actual glucose numbers that would have been acceptable during the 3 hour glucose test. After seeing her, I called Dr. Anik's office to have them email me the actual results of my test. They emailed me a print out with my numbers, and all of them were lower than the numbers the nutritionist had given me. However, there was a computer glitch that marked two of my glucose readings as "high" even though the actual numbers were lower. ESSENTIALLY, DR. ANIK DID NOT LOOK AT THE NUMBERS AND INTERPRET THEM, SHE JUST LOOKED AT WHAT THE COMPUTER SAID AND MISDIAGNOSED ME WITH GESTATIONAL DIABETES. Later on that day, I saw the other doctor that I was referred to, and brought this to her attention. She took a look at it, and told me that she had to agree with me. She called Dr. Anik, and they found out that yes, in fact, I had been misdiagnosed, but blamed it on the computer rather than human error. I still have not received an actual phone call from Dr. Anik apologizing for this error. This error caused me a tremendous amount of stress, emotional duress, and also took me out of work for a day. I understand that we may have become too dependent on computers and machines, but as a doctor one's job is to look at the numbers and interpret them. The patient shouldn't have to feel like they have to double check the doctor's diagnosis because of negligience.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNORTH SHORE LIJ LENOX HILL HOSPITAL, 100 E 77th St, New York, NY
Dr. Karishma A Anik is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.