Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karl C Podratz has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Glandular and Epithelial Cancer
- Ovarian Diseases
- Ovarian Cancer
- Hot Flashes
- Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Cancer
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Ovarian Cancer (Papillary Cystadenocarcinoma)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Uterine Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer (Serous Cystadenocarcinoma)
- Female Genital Cancer
- Fallopian Tube Cancer
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Ovariectomy (Ovary Removal)
- Endometrioid Carcinoma
- Vaginal Cancer
- Uterine Cancer (Endometrial Neoplasm)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Vaginal Cancer (Clear Cell Adenocarcinoma)
- Pelvic Cancer
- Abdominal Cavity Cancer (Peritoneal Neoplasm)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Gynecologic Surgical Procedures
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
When I was diagnosed with cancer, I wanted the top gynecologic oncologist to operate on me because I wanted to live. In my opinion, Dr. Podratz is the best in the world. I am cancer-free 4.5 years later and enjoying life. My thanks to Dr. Podratz. My ratings reflect my expectations of someone in Dr. Podratz' position with his skills and experience.
44 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Karl C Podratz accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic, 200 1st St SW, Rochester, MN
Dr. Karl C Podratz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, MN.