Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karl E Rathjen has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Karl E Rathjen has the following 17 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Cerebral Palsy
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Karl E Rathjen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Karl E Rathjen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Would not recommend this doctor, have seen him twice and both times I was not happy.The first time I thought he was just having a bad day, but I guess that's just the way he works. He was rude, intimidating, did not like to be questioned, and very much into my personal space. He didn't really try to understand my concerns for my son...visit did not end well that as he left he slammed the door behind him. He may be a very good doctor and all but he needs to practice more on interacting with patients and their family.
Dr. Rathjen is very knowledgeable and spends time with the patient and answers any questions we may have, He has been my son's doctor since he was few days old and I like the way the treatment has been going. He explains things clearly and pays attention to our concerns. As with any busy physician, it may take some extra 30 minutes to see the doctor, but, its my child's health and its worth the wait.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
28 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Karl E Rathjen accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karl E Rathjen in this video.
Dr. Karl E Rathjen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.