Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karl N Zeff
Dr. Karl N Zeff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sacramento, CA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Adolescent Medicine. Dr. Zeff is affiliated with Mercy San Juan Medical Center and Mercy General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Karl N Zeff has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
I literally have anxiety just thinking about going to see him. He takes advantage of my mental illness, to poke fun at me and different aspects of my life. He enjoys making fun of me like a child bully. When I try to explain to him what I need help with, he responds with oh you are fine. I tend to leave in tears and anxiety attacks. I always thought that doctors are supposed to do no harm.This man is not only harmful but does nothing to help me.The only reason I continue to see him is to refill my meds and my health insurance. A man like this doesn't deserve to be a doctor.
I am grateful that appointments have been easily available and Dr. will see you in a emergency or make referral. Dr. is very prompt, unless he has been put behind by other patient possibly that had last minute needs. I appreciate suggestions he has made and realize the importance. I feel insurance gives 15 minutes and will make more time if needed if you arrange for this prior to appointment or thru your insurance. The first appointment that is maybe a bit longer. Talk therapy is for the clinician. I also like that he has a great Psych Nurse that will take messages and get back to you thru Dr. Zeff. What more could you want. Very organized print out of paper work at end of visit, just make sure you look at it and pay attention when he is explaining.
Dr. Zeff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences F Edward Hebert School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Karl N Zeff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMercy Medical Group, 1792 Tribute Rd Ste 350, Sacramento, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karl N Zeff in this video.
Dr. Karl N Zeff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.