Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karlton S Pettis
Dr. Karlton S Pettis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlotte, NC. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Pettis is affiliated with Carolinas Medical Center Mercy and Carolinas Medical Center. Dr. Pettis has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Karlton S Pettis has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Karlton S Pettis has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Karlton S Pettis has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
I PULLED A MUSCLE WHILE WORKING OUT & HAD MAJOR DISCOMFORT. I MENTIONED THIS ISSUE DURING MY PHYSICAL & DR PETTIS IDENTIFIED THE PROBLEM IMMEDIATELY. HE SHOWED ME A PHOTO OF THE AREA WITH THE MUSCLES & NERVES THAT WERE INVOLVED. HE NAILED MY DIAGNOSIS THE FIRST TIME!!! HE ALSO GAVE ME SOME GREAT ADVICE TO PREVENT ANY FUTURE INJURY DURING MY "WEEKEND WARRIOR" ACTIVITIES WITH THE GUYS.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Pettis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Karlton S Pettis accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsCarolinas Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery, 2300 Randolph Rd Ste A, Charlotte, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karlton S Pettis in this video.
Dr. Karlton S Pettis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.