Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Katherine P Buchowski has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Buchowski has been working with me and my crazy life and Bi-polar disorder for over a decade. It is difficult to build a relationship with someone in short sessions but I trust her and she listens very well to my needs. When I started seeing her over a decade ago I didn't have insurance and was a mess. She worked with me to find the best med. regiment for all of my ups and downs. I highly recommend her. She has kept me sane and functional! I love that she doesn't judge me! Thank you Doc for everything!
I went to see her with my mom who has alzheimer's and has depression. In the first visit I was there for, Dr. Buchowski took two calls and provided no insight into her condition besides basically 'deal with it.' Then when I returned for the holidays, my mothers prescriptions had not been renewed and at the pharmacy they said Dr. Buchowski had rejected the renewal and that she was unavailable, as she had just gone on vacation. These were my mother's antidepressants, and she had a horrible two weeks until we could get the prescription filled by another doctor. When Dr. Buchowski returned, we had an appointment scheduled, and confirmed for a Friday. When we got there, the receptionist said that we didn't have an appointment and also that they never even take appointments on Friday for Dr. Buchowski. She searched through the scheduling system and determined that the appointment had been made for the year prior. Then she threw my mother's file on the floor and folded her arms with a smirk on her face, I could hardly believe it. I had even confirmed the appointment the day before, and they said come on in. This doctor and this office is horrible, I will never forgive them for the way they treated my mother when she was having a bad time. Truly disgusting people.
17 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Katherine P Buchowski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPsych Care Consultants, 1201 Bellevue Ave, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Katherine P Buchowski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.