Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Katherine A Widerborg has the following 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
This office cancelled my appointment four times in six months. It didn't feel like her seeing me was a priority for her though she told me she prides herself on follow up. In fairness to her, perhaps she was out of touch and never knew about the repeated cancellations, but no follow up is no follow up.
I found DR. Widerborg to be a very compassionate and caring doctor and was very professional at the same time. She took the time to talk to me and my husband. Her staff on the other hand does not do her justice. I needed an MRI and that request was supposed to have been sent on the day of my visit with Dr. Widerborg. I found out yesterday ( after making many calls ) that this trainee had only sent in the request yesterday! So I have to wait at least three more days to get approval before I can proceed with my MRI. Anyone diagnosed with breast cancer knows that 3 days can be a lifetime and the wait can be anxiety riddled and agonizing. Needless to say, I am upset and frustrated. Like I said this has nothing to do with Dr. Widerborg. She is wonderful! This is about the incompetence of her staff, particularly this trainee.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2013, 2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Widerborg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. Katherine A Widerborg accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIntegrated Surgical Specialists, 1505 Eastland Dr Ste 2300, Bloomington, IL
Dr. Katherine A Widerborg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bloomington, IL.