Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kathie H Beekman-Brand has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kathie H Beekman-Brand has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 35
A disorganized office & strange/greedy doctor made this the worst practice ever!!. I waited at least 1 hour every visit. When I came for results of a full workup the Dr. insisted on so that she could submit a high bill to insurance even though I was healthy, the office said they found an issue, when there was none. She also misdiagnosed me even though I insisted she was wrong & prolonged my illness for weeks. For any refill, the Dr. requires a visit every 3 mths (not 6) so she can bill insurance, even on medications that are meant for daily use.
Dr. Brand is wonderful. She sits down and reviews you medical history with you. Doesn't have you fill out a multi page questionnaire then not even look at it. i have been seeing Dr. Brand probably for over 10 years. In recent years the wait has been greatly shortened and her office staff is pleasant and efficient.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
35 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Kathie H Beekman-Brand accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & DirectionsNassau Internal Medicine Associates, 400 S Oyster Bay Rd Ste 300, Hicksville, NY
Dr. Kathie H Beekman-Brand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hicksville, NY.