Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kathleen A Erwin has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Kathleen A Erwin has the following 14 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Mood Disorders
Showing 5 of 9
It is hard to reach this office by phone sometimes, but I did notice that the staff seem to be always helping patients at the window or on the phone...it seems like they are working hard. Once they explained that their phone goes to voicemail when they are talking on the other line, it made sense. Dr. Erwin's schedule is very full, and sometimes I don't get to see her as often as I want, but she does a great job, and they are very friendly there.
I saw Dr. Erwin for a while however I usually had to call in several times to schedule an appointment as the office staff are terrible about calling back.I finally told Michelle who was answering the phones that I didn't want to have to call in 8 times to schedule an appointment and would like a referral elsewhere. She told me that I hoped I could find what I was looking for since Psychiatrists were really busy. I then went and found a doctor where I get returned phone calls within a 24 hour period. Apparently I wasn't expecting too much. I like Dr. Erwin but I wouldn't go back unless she had reliable office staff
Dr. Erwin has truly changed my life for the better. I'd seen other doctors over the prior 11 years with mixed results. Dr. Erwin quickly changed my diagnosis, worked to find the right mix of meds, and within a few weeks I was back in fine shape.What sets Dr. Erwin apart is that she has tremendous medical/psychological knowledge and experience, but can listen and talk in common, understandable language. She can take a casual approach, which I really appreciate. I can relax and not feel like I'm being "observed" and "analyzed". Also, she is NEVER late for appointments, and her office staff are really nice people who care about their patients. She is such a great doctor, I would (and have) recommended her to others without reservation.
14 Years Experience
University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Kathleen A Erwin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Moda Health Connexus
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kathleen A Erwin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pocatello, ID.