Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kathleen M Young
Dr. Kathleen M Young, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in Cresskill, NJ. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Young has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Kathleen M Young has the following 4 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Birth Control
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Young is very kind, patient and friendly. She is very professional and knowledgeable. She did a careful examination of my teeth health and my root canal for my big tooth. She is flexible and customer oriented. She is caring and followed up with me a few days after my treatment to see how I was doing. Dr. Young is very focused throughout the surgery. She had to overcome a few hurdles as my situation was a little difficult. However she did not give up easily, and she did it really well and professionally. I received a professional treatment without pain at all! Even after the surgery. Dr. Young really treated her patients the way she wanted to be treated. Her assistance Jackie was also very helpful and professional at what she is doing. It was a very pleasant experience.I highly recommend them!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
19 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Kathleen M Young accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kathleen M Young is similar to the following 0 Doctors near New York, NY.