Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kathryn Alcarez
Dr. Kathryn Alcarez, DO is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Alcarez is affiliated with Beth Israel Medical Center, Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine and Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases. She speaks English.
Dr. Kathryn Alcarez has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 21
office staff is courteous and professional- the doctors there are board certified, smart and kind-each one excelling in their specialty-lab techs are smiling and painless- dr alcarez is lovely, she has an easy manner, warm n welcoming- doesnt rush-allows for excellent communication..good teamwork all around-and it all comes together nicely..
Dr. Alcarez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Beth Israel Medical Center
Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine
Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
NYU Langone Medical Center
Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
Lenox Hill Hospital
Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division
Orange Regional Med. Center/Horton Campus
Orange Regional Medical Center Middletown Campus
Beth Israel-Kings Highway
11 Years Experience
University Of New England College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Kathryn Alcarez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kathryn Alcarez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.