Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kathryn M Amacher DO
Dr. Kathryn M Amacher, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Vacaville, CA, with other offices in Fairfield, CA and Vacaville, CA . She has 35 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Amacher is affiliated with VacaValley Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Kathryn M Amacher has 3 locations
313 Kendal St Ste B
Vacaville, CA 95688
313 Kendal St Ste B
Vacaville, CA 95688
Book Online Now
Dr. Kathryn M Amacher has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kathryn M Amacher has the following 9 expertise
- Urinary Incontinence
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
- EOL Care
Showing 5 of 11
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kathryn M Amacher - Posted on April 22nd, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kathryn M Amacher - Posted on April 9th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kathryn M Amacher - Posted on May 30th, 2017
I have dealt with dr. Amacher through Fairfield acute rehab. I have never had a doctor that I would could call after hours that didn't have an answering service but that answer the phone herself. Each time I called her with a problem or a question it was resolved right away. My mother-in-law has been in Fairfield acute rehab quite a few times and dr. Amacher was her doctor each time . I recommend her highly. Susan Pokorny daughter-in-law of Mizue Counts
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kathryn M Amacher - Posted on September 14th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kathryn M Amacher - Posted on August 6th, 2016
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Amacher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Kathryn M Amacher Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kathryn M Amacher is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Vacaville, CA.