Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kathryn Mcvicar
Dr. Kathryn Mcvicar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Haven, CT, with another office in Germantown, TN. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Child Neurology and Neurology. Dr. Mcvicar is affiliated with Methodist Extended Care Hospital, Nea Medical Center and Lebonheur Children's Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Kathryn Mcvicar has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Kathryn Mcvicar has the following 3 expertise
- Anticonvulsive Drugs
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
Dr. Kathryn Mcvicar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Mc vicar was very condescending and rude. As a parent dealing with a sick child in the hospital, she is definitely not the doctor you would like to see. Fortunately she is not the only neurologist in this group of doctors and we will definitely see a different neurologist in the future. The younger doctors that were with Dr. Mc vicar were very courteous and made sure to answer all of my questions. I hope that Dr. Legge will not become jaded by working with her.
Dr. Mcvicar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Methodist Extended Care Hospital
Nea Medical Center
Lebonheur Children's Hospital
Montefiore Med Ctr-Jack D Weiler Hosp of A Einstei
Saint Jude Children's Research Hospital
Baptist Memorial Rehabilitation Center
Methodist Fayette Hospital
St Jude'S Children's Research Hosp
Lebonheur Childrens Medical Center
Le Bonheur Children'S Hospital
Methodist University Hospital
Methodist Le Bonheur Germantown Hospital
Methodist South Hospital
Baptist Memorial Hospital Tipton
20 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1996
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Kathryn Mcvicar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kathryn Mcvicar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Haven, CT.