Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kay Lewis
Dr. Kay Lewis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with other offices in Houston, TX and Houston, TX . She has 49 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Lewis is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center and Intracare. She speaks English.
Dr. Kay Lewis has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 1 of 1
I was referred to Dr. Lewis by my son's pediatrician. My son has autism and Dr. Lewis is one of the few doctors in Florida that can diagnose autism. Dr. Lewis was knowledgeable and her recommendations for my sons treatment were helpful. During our last visit Dr. Lewis strongly recommended risperdol for my son's anxiety. I politely refused. Dr. Lewis became visibly agitated with my refusal and scolded me like a child. Now I find out that there is a lawsuit against risperdol for damaging children. It didn't upset me that Dr. Lewis suggested that I give my son medication, what upset me was her bullying attitude about my decision. I feel bad for the other parents who were guilted or shamed into medicating their children and now their children must suffer for it. I'm glad my son isn't suffering like a lab rat.
Dr. Lewis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center
49 Years Experience
Graduated in 1964
Dr. Kay Lewis accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kay Lewis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.