Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kelly A King has the following 2 specialties
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kelly A King has the following 4 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Chest Pain
Dr. Kelly A King has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I am new to the Reno area and was looking for a primary care physician. When I called Dr King's office they explained to me that I needed to complete the new patient paperwork for Dr. King's review prior to scheduling an appointment. It took well over a week for me to receive the forms to fill out. I returned them in person on a Tuesday. When I did not hear anything from her office, I called on the following Monday. They were not able to locate my paperwork and would have to check with the doctor and call me back. When I did not hear from anyone, I called again on Tuesday and there were still unable to locate my paperwork. I was told that they would have to check with the doctor in case she still had it, and that they would call me back. I did not receive a call. Instead I received my completed forms along with a letter stating that I was not accepted. Since I was curious as to why I was not accepted, I called the office to find out what her selection criteria consisted of, yet no one could tell me. I can only surmise that it must be the fact that I'm a reasonable healthy 54 year old woman.
16 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kelly A King is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sparks, NV.