Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kenneth A Desandies
Dr. Kenneth A Desandies, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alexandria, VA, with another office in Alexandria, VA. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Desandies is affiliated with Inova Alexandria Hospital. Dr. Desandies has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Kenneth A Desandies has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Kenneth A Desandies has the following 11 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
Dr. Kenneth A Desandies has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kenneth A Desandies is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 67
Dr. Desandies has been my physician for 8 years and I couldn't ask for a better doctor. His bedside manner is impeccable and his staff is very kind and professional. I have reccommended him to several of my family members who are also now patients of his. He's caring, considerate, and very thorough in his care. Dr. Desandies is not the type of physician that will rush through your appointment. I am grateful to God that I have been blessed with such a wonderful human being as my physician.
Best Gynecologist ever!!! He delivered all of my children, Dr. Desandies had been my OBGYN since I was a teen. Dr, Desandies taught me all about how my body works, so when I see other doctors I can inform them of my bodies history. Thank you Dr. Desandies for years of being a great doctor, friend and a really caring doctor for your patients. They don't make a lot of doctors like you any more.
While Dr. DeSandies himself was very nice and I enjoyed my visit with him, I feel compelled to describe my experience with him at Nova Patient Care in Alexandria: was offered unnecessary medical tests as part of the office's routine service, inappropriately reassured that all would be covered, and then found the office completely unresponsive to the subsequent billing issues that it/Dr. DeSandies alone could resolve with absolutely no sympathy or accountability or consideration of my time (had to call repeatedly for over 6 weeks). $1000 bill for requesting STD screening!
Really good doctor
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Desandies is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Kenneth A Desandies accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kenneth A Desandies in this video.
Dr. Kenneth A Desandies is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.