The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kenneth W Neal Jr
Dr. Kenneth W Neal Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Arlington, VA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Neal is affiliated with Inova Loudoun Hospital, Virginia Hospital Center and Dominion Hospital. Dr. Neal has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Kenneth W Neal Jr has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Actinic Keratosis
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Laser Hair Removal
- Skin Cancer
- Chemical Peel (Chemexfoliation)
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Laser Surgery
- Dysplastic Nevus Syndrome
Showing 5 of 59
I was recommended to Dr. Neal due to hair loss. My experience has been wonderful. One of the first things Dr. Neal explained to me was that every person is different, and that the process would take time. He was caring and kind. He understood how emotional it can be for a woman experiencing hair loss. Dr. Neal came up with a game plan for my case. He prescribed medication and offered advice in a clear and calm manner. I followed through on every thing he told me to do. Even when I became discouraged because I wanted a quick result..... He reassured me, and I did what I could with the help of my hair stylist(s) to make myself feel better. I learned to accept this was my life and to find ways to get over myself. I said - "there are so many people worst off". That was and is true, but in the back of mind, I kept praying for improvement. Dr. Neal was correct - it took time. But, I am a happy to say with the help of the God Lord (PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!!!, Dr. Neal, his caring staff, my hair stylists, I have seen remarkable improvement. So much so that, I want to encourage others to seek treatment. Dr. Neal is one of the best places I could recommend to start. But, remember - it will take time.
A was diagnosed with Melanoma. Dr. Neal never explained anything about it. Hia staff called and told me my biopsy was positive for melanoma and I had to come back in. I came back he told me they would have to take out more and have it tested. He never told me the stage it was in what to look for in the future or how to properly dress the giant open wound he left. I found a cacer center and learned more from the receptionists in a five min phone call then in the two visits I had with him. When I went to my new doctor she was shocked in method of removal. Dr. Neal told me I'd have to come back every 3 months to be checked but never checked the rest of my body. My new Dr. Checked my whole body and found another mole that had to be taken off. I highly recommend finding a different doctor!
I wouldn't recommend this lazy place to anyone. my 3rd or fourth visit and I was denied service, not because I didn't have insurance, but because I didn't have my cards with me. I still had information for them to call my insurance company to get the ID number. On top of that I still have a scar on my face 13 months after receiving a chemical peel from Dr. Neal. SMH, he is the professional and should have known not to put another layer on my skin.
Dr. Neal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Kenneth W Neal Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWashington Dermatology Consultants Plc, 611 S Carlin Springs Rd Ste 406, Arlington, VA
Dr. Kenneth W Neal Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, VA.