Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kimberly P Kersten has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 42
You WILL not find a better PCP! I feel absolutely comfortable speaking with Dr. Kersten about anything, she is compassionate, understanding, and truly cares. I have been her patient for over 15years, as long as she has been with NSIM. I trust her with my life and my family's lives. I have a very difficult schedule and she has to get frustrated with me, but always gives me A+ treatment. I believe it is impossible for her to be anything but professional, thorough, and polite.
The front desk never answers the phone, good luck in an emergency situation! Dr. Kirsten was rude beyond belief and made some very demeaning comments whilst raising her voice. She was so quick and I found she did not listen at all! Gave her two chances and both outcomes were the same, I left feeling horrible and demeaned and have not been for a check up since, afraid to go to a doctor now because of her and also did not leave the house for a long time due to being belittled about my weight.
She was defensive and rushed. Her ability to accurately diagnose is limited. I felt that I should apologize to her for being, as she so rudely stated -- "difficult because my physical issues are complex." She seemed more interested in in my boots; those she liked. One had to wonder, given how beautiful the facility is, whether this doctor is motivated by money. The practice sees twice as many patients as is the norm and we all know that even the norm is making things difficult for patients and doctors alike.
Front desk staff is beyond rude and inappropriate!Debbie is the worst of all. She said something incredibly inappropriate to me yesterday regarding a possible serious diagnosis. Nurse never calls back unless the office manage is called. Dr. Kersten used to be good but is now stressed, rude, and short with patients.
21 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1997
St Vincent Hospital
Dr. Kimberly P Kersten accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNorth Shore Internal Medicine, 28 Green St, Newburyport, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kimberly P Kersten in this video.
Dr. Kimberly P Kersten is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newburyport, MA.