Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kristine S Arthur
Dr. Kristine S Arthur, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fountain Valley, CA. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Arthur is affiliated with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center and South Coast Global Medical Center. Dr. Arthur has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Kristine S Arthur has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kristine S Arthur has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Kristine S Arthur has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
Sent to Dr. Arthur by my family doctor who had no idea what else to do for my GI problems and diabetes, etc. He just gave me more meds for several years as I got worse. Dr. Arthur did a bunch of labs that had not been done before, and she told me of several problems that needed to be treated. She cut some meds, changed others and I have been feeling better since I first saw her.
I highly recommend Dr. Arthur. I have had Lupus for years and fibromyalgia, plus DM and heart problems. My former PCP was not on top of my problems, and I was getting worse. He sent me to see her, and she promptly got tests and labs done and laid out a different treatment plan, and I am feeling much better already. Dr. Arthur is on top of the latest research and gives great advice.
Dr. Arthur handles very complicated conditions and is very knowledgeable about many conditions other doctors know little about. She diagnosed several conditions and gave proper treatment and additional advice on other developing conditions. That is rare for most doctors. I highly recommend Dr. Arthur.
My regular doctor could not figure out what to do with my severe neck and back problems, and major fatigue. He referred me to Dr. Arthur. She took a very complete history and asked a lot of questions, far more than my long term doctor. She had labs done and an MRI and found things my first doctor never even found nor seemed to care about. She was very concerned and referred my to another specialist for one of my problems and he verified it, and said I needed immediate treatment . I am feeling better already as I am in great hands now.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Arthur is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
St Mary Medical Center
Dr. Kristine S Arthur accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMemorialCare Medical Group Urgent Care Center, 11420 Warner Ave, Fountain Valley, CA
Dr. Kristine S Arthur is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fountain Valley, CA.