Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kuo S Ooi has the following 3 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kuo S Ooi is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I think Dr. Ooi, is a better doctor for men then women. I am in the room when my husband has appointments. He spends more time and seems more concerned.He gives recommendations regarding his diet and health for a long life whilst husband has BP norm blood work norm and norm weight, no heart disease in family. I on the other hand had/have uncontrolled High BP, have had a stroke, family history of heart disease on both mother and father side of family. Eventhough, I ask more then once he never referred me to a cardiologist. Prior to Dr Ooi I had been seeing one for years... when I lived in a different state.My main reason for quitting this office was to get referred to a cardiologist. It costs a bit more but with AARP I can refer myself to a specialist. Dr Ooi's staff does not follow through with getting blood work or prior medical records. When I brought it up and tried to get it done,I was treated with resentment and it would not get done.I think Dr Ooi is intelligent and well educated but if you know you have a problem...he seems to want you to get tests and he is concerned about something else that he comes up with...something that was not an issue for me. Spent a lot of time on test for something while the real problem was never addressed successfully. I had to wait for so long to get an appointment (blood clot in leg)(4 weeks one time)I would end up going to Urgent care, meanwhile my husband always got in within a week.They have a phone ans system to leave a message for the doctor, however neither I or my husband ever got called back.Perhaps, it just comes down to not being on the same page and need to move on when not a good fit. Doctor can be good for one patient and not another.
I had total of 4 different family doctors in the past and Dr. Ooi is my 5th doctor and I have to say I love Dr. Ooi to the fact that he took his time listening to me when I have concern about my health issues and he always really clear when he gave the answer. It shows that he is really care about his patient and it is important that his patient understand about our own health . His office staffs are friendly and nice, the best part is I never have to wait more than 10 minutes to see him.
17 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Kuo S Ooi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & DirectionsRocklin Family Practice & Sports Medicine, 3104 Sunset Blvd Ste 2B, Rocklin, CA
Dr. Kuo S Ooi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rocklin, CA.