- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kyrsten D Fairbanks MD
Dr. Kyrsten D Fairbanks has 3 locations
10103 Ridgegate Pkwy Ste 312
Lone Tree, CO 80124
Dr. Kyrsten D Fairbanks has the following 3 specialties
A hepatologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tree - the path through which bile that is secreted by the liver travels to the duodenum. These organs are responsible for many essential bodily functions, such as production of hormones and enzymes, filtering the blood, detoxifying chemicals, metabolizing drugs, and digesting and processing food.
Common disorders that are treated by hepatologists are cirrhosis of the liver, gallstones, pancreatitis and hepatitis.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kyrsten D Fairbanks has the following 20 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Portal Hypertension
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Liver Transplantation
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis B
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cancer
Dr. Kyrsten D Fairbanks is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kyrsten D Fairbanks - Posted on January 27th, 2019
Caring, thorough and skilled doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
21 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Kyrsten D Fairbanks Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Colorado HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Kyrsten D Fairbanks
Dr. Fairbanks was raised outside of Minneapolis, Minnesota. After graduating summa cum laude with her bachelor's degree from Washington University in St. Louis, she stayed in Missouri to complete her medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine, where she was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha honors society. Dr. Fairbanks then completed her Internal Medicine residency and specialty training in Gastroenterology and Hepatology from The Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. In addition, she received a year of specialty training in transplant hepatology at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. Prior to joining South Denver Gastroenterology, Dr. Fairbanks worked as a transplant hepatologist for 9 years at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. Her areas of special interest include all aspects of liver disease, including transplantation, but she is enthusiastic about general gastroenterology and endoscopy.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kyrsten D Fairbanks is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Englewood, CO.