Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Larry M Gersten
Dr. Larry M Gersten, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Laguna Woods, CA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Gersten is affiliated with Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center and Mission Hospital Laguna Beach. Dr. Gersten has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Larry M Gersten has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Larry M Gersten has the following 5 expertise
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Larry M Gersten is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
I had a consult with this guy in 2007 as I was having issues with my left knee a couple years after having arthroscopic surgery for a torn meniscus. The facility performed x-ray, I sit down with this guy, he's looking at x-ray and he's excessively amused at the image as the x-ray "picked up" the white piping that went down the length of what were my biking pants. Anyway, after intimating to him that I had arthroscopic surgery three years earlier for torn meniscus and I was experiencing more pain, more instability, he looks at me and says "join a gym and lose some weight". I'm like seriously ?, are you even listening to me ? I, at the time was 6'2 (still am !) and 240 lbs. What a waste of time and a waste of whatever my copay was. I then got consult with another Ortho. Surgeon. He confirmed instability of the knee by having me walk on my toes then heels at which point I dropped to the floor. He gave me a cortisone shot for pain, awesome. Scheduled an MRI that revealed tears and debris, completed arthroscopic surgery, no issues since 2007. Seriously ? Half star ...
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gersten is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Larry M Gersten accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsSouth County Orthopedic Specialists, 24331 El Toro Rd Ste 200, Laguna Woods, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Larry M Gersten in this video.
Dr. Larry M Gersten is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Laguna Woods, CA.