Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura E Baber has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Laura E Baber has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 63
One of the luckiest days of my life was when I found Dr. Baber. She is incredibly smart, thorough and knowledgeable. Her grasp of Western medicine is amazing and she combines that with a holistic approach and open mind to alternative treatments. Even beyond that, she is genuinely compassionate and goes the extra mile to treat you as an individual who deserves whatever time and attention you need with her. She is no-nonsense and tells it like it is, while at the same time, she makes you feel like she really cares about you as a person. She actually called me on more than one occasion to see how I was doing andto find out if I had seen the other specialists she had referred. Combined with a great receptionist and nursing staff -- this is one awesome physician! Highly recommend.
Based on positive reviews I read here and elsewhere, I decided to bring my mother to see Dr Baber. I feel so very blessed that we found her. I have never met a more caring and involved doctor, ever. Not only was she very thorough, you can tell this is someone who REALLY truly cares about her patients and what she's doing for them. Her work doesn't stop after an exam, she's there when you have questions, very quick to follow up with you- even in her off hours- and just someone you know you can count on. Thank you Dr Baber, so glad we've found you!
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
26 Years Experience
Universidad De Monterrey (Udem)
Graduated in 1992
St Mary And Elizabeth Medical Center
Dr. Laura E Baber accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSylvia Lam Md Sc, 2500 W Higgins Rd, Hoffman Estates, IL
Dr. Laura E Baber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hoffman Estates, IL.