More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura J Klesse has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Gene Therapy
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
From the moment I met Dr. Klesse, I immediately was impressed by her expertise, but also with her bedside manner. She came out to the waiting room and introduced herself, which very few doctors do. She patiently answered all questions about my son's diagnosis, and she put them in layman's terms without being condescending. When I left a Friday afternoon follow-up message, she called me back within two hours, when I was expecting a call the following week. I feel completely at ease knowing that my three-year-old is in her hands. When parents are dealt with a blow like a lifelong illness, they can only hope they have doctors and nurses that provide the best care. She truly cares for her patients and thinks of them as not just a number or an "illness". If you are a parent and have the misfortune to wind up at the cancer/blood disorders clinic, you will have the consolation that you are in the best hands. I am very proud and honored that she is my child's oncologist, and I only hope her higher-ups recognize the jewel they have at Children's Medical Center.
17 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 2001
Southwest Medical Center
Dr. Laura J Klesse accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUt Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Dr. Laura J Klesse is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.