Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laurence T Neufeld has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Laurence T Neufeld has the following 9 expertise
- Cholesterol Management
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 23
Received reports from hospital when Dr. Neufeld was my doctor. Mistakes on the reports and several items where he claims I knew what was wrong with me and yet I was NEVER told the results of my tests or surgery from him or the surgeon. I was literally rushed to surgery finding out several years later nothing was done properly and the surgery was unnecessary. Complications for months after surgery was brushed off by Dr. Neufeld. NEVER plan on going to him EVER!!
I've been a patient for over 6 years now and despite Dr. Neufeld being a great physician the practice has lost its way. Just made a new appointment - 2 months wait time was the earliest appointment available. He cannot be contacted, has no voice mail and he did not respond to a written request in over 6 weeks now. Called four times and the staff assured me they relayed my message, yet there was no contact back from him. I believe his practice is seriously overstretched, overbooked and he is not as accessible as I expect my primary care physician to be.
After 2 months in the hospital and 1 in rehab with dr. Neufeld. I was surprised when he NEVER gave me his business card and told us if we wanted to follow-up with him he would do it in 3months. Doctors orders was 2 weeks..... amazing how he took no responsibility knowing my father and tending to him for so long. I'm VERY disappointed at his professionalism
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Neufeld is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Laurence T Neufeld accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Hospital Physician Group, 7550 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL
Dr. Laurence T Neufeld is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.