Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laurie A Kane has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Laurie A Kane has the following 14 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
Dr. Laurie A Kane has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Laurie A Kane is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
So, this is a Physician that you may want to avoid and even report to California State Medical Board. It appears that she may have some ignorant views and habits about non-white patients. She definitely does not spend time to examine NOR explain the process/condition to patients. No bedside manner. Just horrible.
Dr. Kane is very knowledgeable about her subject matter and doesn't hesitate to run the appropriate tests. Her nurse asked me all the questions and then went the other side of the door and relayed all that I said to Dr Kane. Of course some was misconstrued as 2nd hand comments usually are and the doctor was dismissive when I tried to mention some things. I found it very difficult to have back/forth communications with Dr. Kane.
30 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Laurie A Kane accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsTavitian & Galstyan Mds, 1500 S Central Ave Ste 200, Glendale, CA
Dr. Laurie A Kane is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, CA.